Would you like to build platforms that helps our tens of thousands of entrepreneurs start, grow and succeed with their companies? Do you also have experience in Python and Django? Then this might be something for you!
About us Betao is a rising star on the French legal tech market. We’re a Swedish-French tech company based in Stockholm that builds tools and services that help entrepreneurs succeed. We are proud to be one of the largest French websites for self-entrepreneurs’ incorporation and run the largest self-entrepreneurs community in France. Betao is working for and with our users to build a service that’s fair, transparent and a delight to use!
At Betao, we are creating a portfolio of products that helps entrepreneurs build successful companies. We leverage our position as market leader to kickstart new ventures and are always looking to find new ways to help our customers.
The position We are looking for a talented back-end engineer to help us build the platform that will help our tens of thousands of clients start, grow and succeed with their companies.
As a back-end engineer, you will help develop and improve upon our current applications, define our future software's architecture and deployments, improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes, and assist junior developers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement and evolve our APIs along with product managers and the front-end teams
- Share knowledge with the team, assist with code reviews
- Assist product managers in refining requirements and providing capacity and time estimates
- Define and enforce best practices and coding standards along with the team
- Collaborative work style: we are currently a distributed team with engineers all around the world. We are looking for someone who is proactive about communication and who understands that receiving assistance or helping colleagues is the foundation of a successful team.
Skills and requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in building and operating web applications
- Extensive professional experience with common backend technologies, including Python and frameworks such as Django.
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications (Docker)
- Experience with scalable applications and design principles
- Experience with various data structures and their user cases
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Experience administering deployments with any major cloud provider
- Full English proficiency
Tools we use
- Python (Django)
- MariaDB / MySQL
- Celery / Redis / RabbitMQ
- Docker / Docker-compose
- Nginx / Apache
- Bitbucket Pipelines / Gitlab CI
Why you should join us
- Awesome opportunity to be part of a major company scale-up
- The possibility to make an actual impact on the daily life of tens of thousands of people.
- The opportunity to grow within the company and reach your professional goals, whether it is to become an expert in a particular field or to manage fellow developers.
- Recurring team activities, everything from after works, board game nights, breakfasts and movie nights!
- Best team ever 😉