Would you like to work for the world leading vendor of embedded development tools that provides superior technology and services, enabling our customers to create the products of today and the innovations of tomorrow? Now IAR systems is looking for a Technical support engineer to join our team. In this role you get to help and educate our customers, as well as dig into the technical details and show your skills as a problem solver.
About IAR Systems
IAR Systems is a truly global company at the top of our industry, providing world-leading software for building embedded applications for over 30 years. We supply the tools and services that make embedded systems development fast, efficient and reliable, enabling our customers worldwide to deliver better products to their markets faster.
We are a knowledge-intensive and value driven company, operating in a fast-paced, technology driven environment. We are a dedicated team of more than 200 employees world-wide; all proudly working together to provide the most competitive customer solutions.
About this role
You will be part of a global organization and the Technical Support Team in Uppsala where you will be the central link between IAR systems and our customers. This role is comprised by two different focus areas where most of your time will be spend on customer communication and problem solving. During a typical day you will
- Support of IAR Systems’ products and services.
- Monitor support requests from IAR Systems’ customers to help us bring issues to a resolution
- Maintain IAR Systems’ global support system with up-to-date and accurate information, according to company process and policies, and monitor the project execution as assigned while always presenting a professional image
- Be a team player and participate in support activities while keeping a keen focus on customer satisfaction and quality of support.
We think you have
- A University engineering degree and/or qualification of BS/MS or equivalent in CS or EE with a concentration on embedded systems
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Experience in C/C++ and development/debugging of embedded firmware
- Experience with Arm microcontrollers.
It would be a plus if you also have
- Business-minded with a sense of business intelligence
- Experience with Hardware Engineering
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
To be successful in the role we believe you are passionate about embedded systems and you have strong communication skills. You are a team player, yet self-driven in your work. Having a problem-solving approach and to be curious about new fields will be considerable assets for you. You are proactive and service-minded in your work and delivering superior customer value is a top priority for you.
You can be part of a company in a fantastic growth mode. With us, you will impact the success of our business and our customers’ businesses and really make a difference. This role offers a great opportunity for personal development and expanded responsibility.
Feeling ready to apply?
Do not hesitate to send any questions you might have to Fleur Schouten: email@example.com Interviews are held continuously, meaning that the role might be filled before the last application day.