About the role
As Engineering Manager for the Engineering Operations team, you will support a group of 14 people. The Engineering Operations team works with project management, product release management, test, product documentation, and our DevOps core. This means that your team acts as the glue that ties the development from all departments in EDS together. To be successful in this, your ability to take initiative, communicate expectations and set goals is important.
In this role you will
- Be part of the engineering management team and actively contribute to the continuous development of the department
- Work with stakeholders across various domains, such as product managers and the Support team
- Be responsible for budget work and managing employees
- Coach your team to continuously deliver value and work towards company goals
Who are we looking for?
To thrive in this role we believe you can align a team towards common goals and work to find solutions together with the teams you work with. You understand how to work efficiently with software development to support the engineers in this team. Furthermore, we believe you will bring a positive attitude and can provide and receive constructive feedback. You get a kick out of your team’s success.
To succeed in the role we see that you have the following:
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience to advocate and advance modern software engineering practices
- Previous managerial experience
- A background in the software development industry
- Fluent in Swedish and English in writing and speaking
Extra credits for:
- A background in the software development industry with a focus on embedded systems
- Experience with DevOps
- Test automation and use of Open Source Software
- Domain knowledge in any of the areas of project management, build and test environments, and product documentation
What are we offering?
We welcome new ideas and take pride in our achievements. We offer you the opportunity to work in a curious, knowledge-sharing environment with a strong team spirit, where we will support you to grow both professionally and as an individual. We are problem-solvers and take on new challenges with excitement and energy. You will be part of a curious and solution-oriented engineering management team. Therefore, we place great emphasis on your personal qualities and their alignment with our values.
Who are we?
IAR Systems is a knowledge-intensive and value-driven truly global company at the top of our industry. We have been providing world-leading software for building embedded applications for more than 35 years, and today over 150,000 developers are using our software. We supply the tools and services that make embedded systems development fast, efficient, and reliable, enabling our customers worldwide to deliver better products to their markets faster.
If you have any questions, please contact our recruiter Rahwa Awet at email@example.com and she will guide you through the recruitment process. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis, so send in your application today.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Submit your application before January 31, 2023.