At Pedago, we want to pioneer the move to “active learning” by moving away from the passive learning approaches that have dominated for the past century. And we are just getting warmed up! We have created Quantic, the first machine-driven interactive online university, loved by thousands of students and alumni. We are now looking to hire a Backend Developer to our new Pedago Labs division in Stockholm.
About the role
Here you would get things done without cutting corners at the expense of quality and enjoy a creative way of working on brand new products and solutions. With a variety of backend techstacks we are buildning new projects from scratch, and If you’d like to use your development skills to develop the world’s future edtech platform and try new things out on a daily basis, you will like it here.
You will create the internal tools to create a lifelong learning forum. You will create a base for a community where professional people can meet and discuss different topics, based on what they are interested in. This project is code-named “JetSet”. It is a complete re-think of professional growth & networking based on authentic, meaningful connections and lifelong learning to enhance our lives and careers. It enables professional growth and meaningful connections through:
- Live social learning centered on curated industry news.
- Real life social events
- Selective small interest groups
- Interactive lessons from Quantic
- Gamified engagement model
To thrive in this role, we would like you to have
- At least 4 years of professional experience with several backend techstacks, like Node.js
- Familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated experience with Serverless backend like AWS Lambda
- A desire to learn and try new things!
- Previous experience of working with Labs-type development
- Exposure to or interest in other functional programming languages (Haskell or similar)
- Curiosity about the world of Edtech
What we offer
- A place in a cross-functional labs team of engineers
- A chance to architect, design and develop brand new products
- The opportunity to work with modern technologies
- Great influence over future products we create
- The freedom and creativity of a start-up environment with the security of a profitable and investor backed company.
- Collaboration with designers and developers
Pedago began by developing a best-in-class interactive learning platform that enabled the launch of the first US accredited mobile universities. Now, with thousands of global students and alumni enrolled in our institutions, we’ve established ourselves as one of the most innovative and disruptive companies in edtech. We created Pedago Labs to ensure we continue to lead the industry by building a team that focuses on next-generation learning experiences with AI/ML technologies at the core.
At Pedago, we’ve created the first accredited graduate degree taught entirely through interactive, machine-drive content. We want to bring the friction of a quality education down to zero - making it free, convenient and efficient. Pedago Labs is our Stockholm-based innovation studio responsible for researching, inventing, and launching new features, applications, and brands within the Pedago ecosystem. The Labs division is a young growing division working creatively on brand new and future products.
Here you can read more about Quantic:
Additional information & how to apply
Pedago’s HQ is in NYC. The Pedago Labs team (developers, designers, product, content) spends 2 out of every 3 weeks co-located in Stockholm, the 3rd week you can work from wherever suits you best.
If you want to know more about the role, you are welcome to contact Ebba Ejnarsson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hesitate to send your application today. Selection and interviews will be held ongoing.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!