At Pedago, we want to pioneer the move to “active learning” by moving away from the passive learning approaches that have dominated for the past century. And we are just getting warmed up! We have created Quantic, the first machine-driven interactive online university, loved by thousands of students and alumni. We are now looking to hire a Mobile App Developer to our new Pedago Labs division in Stockholm.
About the role
In the beginning, you will create the internal tools to create a lifelong learning forum. You will create a base for a community where professional people can meet and discuss different topics, based on what they are interested in. The forum will boost learning through interactive learning with others. This is called JetSet. It is a complete re-think of professional growth & networking based on authentic, meaningful connections and lifelong learning to enhance our lives and careers. It is a mobile app and this is where you come into the picture! You will work closely with our in-house and agency designers and bring Figma design mockups to life in iOS and Android ReactNative apps. Building and refining the features of the app, and getting the details right that make an app feel not just good, but great (snappy, subtle animations, etc…) The app enables professional growth and meaningful connections through:
- Live social learning centered on curated industry news
- Real-life social events
- Selective small interest groups
- Interactive lessons from Quantic
- Gamified engagement model
With previous experience in mobile app development, you thrive in a fast-paced adaptive environment. Here, you would get things done without cutting corners at the expense of quality and enjoy a creative way of working on brand new products and solutions. If you’d like to use your development skills to develop the world’s future edtech platform and try new things out on a daily basis, you will like it here.
- A history (around 3+ years) of developing mobile applications for iOS and/or Android
- Around one year of working experience with React Native
- Worked with Circle CI for the build pipeline
- A Valid work permit in Sweden
- You have a positive attitude with a willingness to experiment and try new things
- Previous experience of working with Labs development
- Exposure to or interest in DevOps
- Curiosity about the world of Edtech
What we offer
- A place in a cross-functional labs team of engineers
- A chance to architect, design and develop brand new products
- The opportunity to work with modern technologies
- Great influence over future products we create
- The freedom and creativity of a start-up environment with the security of a profitable and investor backed company
- Collaboration with designers and developers
Pedago began by developing a best-in-class interactive learning platform that enabled the launch of the first US accredited mobile universities. Now, with thousands of global students and alumni enrolled in our institutions, we’ve established ourselves as one of the most innovative and disruptive companies in edtech. We created Pedago Labs to ensure we continue to lead the industry by building a team that focuses on next generation learning experiences with AI/ML technologies at the core.
At Pedago, we’ve created the first accredited graduate degree taught entirely through interactive, machine-drive content. We want to bring the friction of a quality education down to zero - making it free, convenient and efficient. Pedago Labs is our Stockholm-based innovation studio responsible for researching, inventing, and launching new features, applications, and brands within the Pedago ecosystem. The Labs division is a young growing division working creatively on brand new and future products.
Here you can read more about Quantic:
Additional information & how to apply
Pedago’s HQ is in NYC. The Pedago Labs team (developers, designers, product, content) spends 2 out of every 3 weeks co-located in Stockholm, the 3rd week you can work from wherever suits you best.
If you want to know more about the role, you are welcome to contact Henrik Werner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hesitate to send your application today. Selection and interviews will be held ongoing.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!