Svea Solar is one of the biggest solar energy companies in Europe, and we are on a mission to lead the global powershift to sustainable living. We are, in short, tomorrow's energy company. Now, we are looking for a brilliant Site Tech Lead who shares our ambition and wants to join our Solar revolution!
Born out of the belief that solar is the most powerful solution to fixing the planet's problems, Svea Solar was founded in a small studio apartment in the suburbs of Stockholm in 2013. Since the beginning, our vision has been to lead the shift to a more sustainable future by offering our customers a smart, beautiful, and accessible solution to renewable energy. That means, in short, a complete ecosystem of products and smart software services to optimize and control the production and consumption of energy.
Our Site is where we meet our future customers for the first time, making it an essential part of our mission and what we do. And, as we all know, it all comes down to the first impression - always.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Svea Solar, we are all in for new ideas and ways to embrace future technical demands and opportunities. As Site Tech Lead, you will be part of an extraordinary scale-up journey, leading a growing team of 3 as well as doing some hands-on coding.
Your mission is to create an excellent website, easy in style providing information, a solar calculator, and quote tools, making it a no-brainer for new customers to sign up for renewable energy.
Some key responsibilities:
- Own the technical vision and direction of our Site, making it simple to buy solar and interesting to learn what benefits the technology brings.
- Lead the development of the Site with performance and scaling in mind, and help us efficiently handle the content and get everything we need to know out of our analytics
- Use software to convert leads and make sure our to-be customers can't resist using our quote tools to see what a solar installation could do for them, with the ultimate goal to have them swipe their card and sign up for future-proof renewable energy
- And of course, you will engage and inspire your team members to grow as we grow
You will be one of three Tech Leads in our Software department, reporting to our Head of Software Development.
We are growing our Software department, and you will make a central part of this journey. You have a strong drive and want to be part of making new things. We are humble with bold and brave ambitions, and being a Tech Lead at Svea Solar, we think you should be too. Join us and change the way we produce and use energy.
WHO YOU ARE
You have a solid understanding of scaling complex software systems, with experience driving front-end projects and developing in all ways with performance in mind. You are used to taking responsibility for technical solutions working as a senior software developer, Tech Lead, or similar position.
To be successful in this position, you can break down technical problems for your team members with varying levels of experience and communicate the rationale behind specific solutions or approaches. You appreciate the beauty and challenge in making complex things in a simple and easy style. You enjoy coaching, supporting, and give technical advice, with experience of working according to agile principles.
We believe you have:
- +10 years experience as a software developer
- Knowledge in React and TypeScript
- Preferably, an MSc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or another related field
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
If you are passionate about the environment and want to have a real impact on the future of our planet, look no further.
Read more about Svea Solar: https://sveasolar.com/se/
We look forward to receiving your application! Selection and interviews take place on an ongoing basis starting in August. If you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org