Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions. Together with our partners and customers we are driving the shift towards a sustainable transport system. In 2020, we delivered 66,900 trucks, 5,200 buses as well as 11,000 industrial and marine power systems to our customers. Net sales totaled to over SEK 125 billion, of which over 20 percent were services-related. Founded in 1891, Scania now operates in more than 100 countries and employs some 50,000 people.
As a Backend Developer you will be a part of a Software Development Team in one of our IT departments. You will be one of the first specialized Backend Developers in a team of Full stack Developer, giving you the opportunity to deepen your knowledge while collaborating and learning from others.
In close collaboration with the Developing Team, product owners and tester, you will use you specializes skill to solve a multitude of problems. This team works together to find innovative solutions from the incoming System Integration projects from internal customers at Scania. You team members and tasks will change constantly, and you need to be prepared to use your creativity and collaborative skills to tasks of varying sizes.
- Experience as a Backend Software Developer
- At least one year of experience using Java
- Deep understanding of microservices
- Fluent in English
- Agile mindset and experience
Prefered qualifications include
- Formal education in related subjects such as Computer Science.
- Knowledge in System Integration testing, performance testing, security testing is a definite plus.
- Interest in IoT and Machine Learning
- More than 5 years of experience using Java
What we offer
We offer you to be a part of an international enterprise, with a friendly and diverse culture. Within the team will find innovative people and a strong sense of community. We take ownership in caring for our employees, and also offer a wide range of benefits.