MSAB is a global leader in forensic technology for mobile device examination. We have offices in Europe and in the USA, as well as a network of distributors across the globe. We are based in Stockholm and have been listed on the Swedish Stock Exchange since 1999. Our products are used to investigate crime, gather intelligence, investigate fraud and fight corruption in over 100 countries worldwide.
About the role
As a Technical Writer, you are responsible for driving, producing and delivering the product documentation at MSAB. In your daily work, you will communicate with various departments within MSAB by close collaboration with developers, product owners and UX designers, as well as with the Marketing team and testers at MSAB. The outcome of your work will be delivered to internal and external target groups depending on the content and usage.
You will be part of a high performing Technical Writing team within the Product Department. Your output is factually accurate and is characterized by readability, usability, correct language usage, and conformance to MSAB's format and style. The goal is to use single sourcing and a modular structure throughout the entire documentation repository, primarily through XML based authoring tools.
• Process complex information and use clear, concise and useful words to describe it.
• Develop company style guides for help topics and UI communication.
• Develop companywide terminology management and continuous terminology maintenance.
• Write user instructions and descriptive content in help topics and UI communication.
• Write instructions for Quick Start, Installation, License Registration and User Guides.
• Produce content in PDF and HTML media output.
Need to have
- Engineering degree with a keen interest in communication; alternatively, a degree in communication with a high level of technical understanding
- Solid experience in technical communication or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with XML, preferably in Madcap Flare
- Experience of working with Adobe products, such as Acrobat Pro, InDesign or Illustrator
- Experience of Translation Management Systems, preferably MadCap Lingo
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Nice to have
- Experience of working with HTML and CSS
- Experience of working with Atlassian tools; Jira and Confluence
- Experience of working with software development in an agile environment
- Fluent in Swedish, both written and spoken
We are looking for someone who is a true team player, but also feels comfortable working independently in a constantly changing industry. MSAB will encourage your curiosity, enthusiasm and your eagerness to learn. We know that you have an eye for the holistic perspective, as well as for details. You have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
What can MSAB offer you?
You will be working in an exciting environment where innovation and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We are a growing international company with 20+ nationalities, and you will join a helpful and friendly team. You will get the ability to influence the products and services we build, which in turn helps Police, Law enforcement among others, in their everyday job of making the world a safer place.
Are you the colleague we’ve been waiting for? Interviews are held continuously, please submit your application today. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to Malin Harsbo at firstname.lastname@example.org.