Not all heroes wear capes
Most would agree that universities and colleges are quintessential to a well-functioning society. However, with their inherent operational complexity and large sizes, they are among the most difficult organisations to run efficiently. This is what TimeEdit has set out to rectify. We are on a mission to deliver the most comprehensive suite of resource management tools for the higher education sector. We are currently the fastest growing provider in the industry and are expanding our organization at a rapid pace.
With the market transitioning away from legacy monolites, Excel spreadsheets and home-grown has-beens, the TimeEdit engineering team is pivotal in creating the next generation of RMS tools for universities across the globe. To do this, we are looking for another set of capable hands to lead and scale our Engineering team as we execute on our ambitious growth plans.
About the role:
As our new VP Engineering you will be responsible for:
- Build, develop and retain the best possible engineering team, working on a complex, multi product suite in an enterprise environment
- Ensure we stay on the forefront of technological innovation, by gradually transitioning some of our more legacy codebases to 2021 best practices
- Together with Product Management, work strategically on creating new customer value through the development of new state-of-the-art features and products
- Maximize the quality of our delivery and the holistic customer experience by incremental development of TimeEdit’s infrastructure, platform and delivery pipelines
- Together with the management team help grow TimeEdit to a global market leader in the RMS space, including the addition of multiple new products, acquisitions, localization and support for new integrations
- Technical lead in M&A cases, and responsible for post-merger integration of the Engineering departments
Other responsibilities and day-to-day tasks...
As our VP of Engineering, you are also responsible for defining the processes, tools, and KPIs used in the Engineering department - all with the goal to ensure quality and security in our solutions, while fostering a culture that promotes entrepreneurship and attracts talent.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- 3-5 years of experience and excellent track record from a similar role in a SaaS company
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent, and building and motivating high-achieving teams
- Solid engineering experience either within application or infrastructure development
- Previous experience of building an operational playbook for an engineering department
- The skills to be a data-driven decision maker, with a willingness to experiment and iterate
- Think broadly about what is best for the company, and not just for your part of the organization
- Are self-going and can deliver strong results based on high level directions instead of micro management
- Great communication skills and you are fluent English, verbal and written.
Who are you?
We believe that you are an individual that can contribute with your own ideas and challenge our way of thinking. We believe that you enjoy “blank canvas” problem solving, and consider yourself a self-starter. We are a company with high ambitions, and we believe that you have them too. That said, we simultaneously believe you have strong ethics, and practice value-based leadership.
If this is you, go ahead and apply! We’re eager to getting to know you, and kick off this journey together.
If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to reach out to Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.